FIXED TERM (12 MONTHS) | FULL TIME
- Shape the future of Upper Hutt
- Deliver tangible outcomes
- Work as part of a dedicated team
Our city is one of a kind. Upper Hutt is recognised as a great place for families and for people who enjoy the best of the outdoors. The team at Upper Hutt City Council work together to enhance the quality of life in Upper Hutt by providing leadership, support and services to our community.
The transport network is critical to supporting our community’s wellbeing and the growth of our city. We are looking for a proactive and experienced Transport Planner to develop and deliver a suite of planning outputs to guide our transport activities.
In this role, you will get the opportunity to help shape the future of transport services and infrastructure across Upper Hutt, responding to internal and external drivers and requirements including legislation, growth, demand, levels of service and asset management.
You will be working our first Transport Strategy, and associated plans and policies to enable effective, efficient and safe travel outcomes across all modes for the movement of people and freight – private vehicles, walking, cycling, emerging travel modes like e-scooters, and public transport.
Ideally the skills you will bring to the role will include:
- Production of compelling and evidence-based strategies, plans and reports, which are written in plain language.
- Knowledge of transport planning and industry developments, challenges and best practice within the field would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of transport planning legislation and an awareness and understanding of other relevant legislation.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills with an ability to connect and engage with stakeholders at all levels, including senior leaders, elected members and other key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Experience in central or local government organisations, operating within political environments would be an advantage.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
Applications close at 9pm on Sunday 28th November 2021.
All applications must include a cover letter, CV and a completed Upper Hutt City Council application form (you can complete this online).
It is important for applicants to know that Upper Hutt City Council is currently undergoing a health and safety risk assessment to determine the risks of COVID-19 in our workplace and whether vaccinations are inherent to ensuring the health and safety of our team and customers. This role is subject to the risk assessment and depending on the outcome, may need to be completed by a fully vaccinated individual. We will update all shortlisted candidates as soon as this information is available.
NOTE THAT YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.