PERMANENT | PART TIME
Our city is one of a kind. Upper Hutt is recognised as a great place for families and for people who enjoy the best of the outdoors. The team at Upper Hutt City Council work together to enhance the quality of life in Upper Hutt by providing leadership, support and services to our community.
The Parks and Reserves Team are a busy team who are responsible for the city’s parks and reserves, cemetery, facilities management of Council buildings and waste minimisation for the community.
The purpose of the Recycling Station Officer role is to focus on waste behaviour and management of the solid waste activity at the Recycling Station for 20 hours per week on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday or on alternative days as requested. This role will also be the primary interface for implementing Upper Hutt’s actions from the Wellington Region Waste Minimisation and Management Plan.
Key responsibilities in this broad role include:
- Managing the Park Street Recycling Station
- Communication, advocacy and advice relating to recycling
To be considered for this role we are ideally looking for someone with a passion for waste minimisation and recycling who can educate the public in a professional manner. Ideally, they will also have:
- Excellent organisational skills including accurate record keeping
- Excellent oral communications skills, including the ability to adapt your communication style to different members of the public.
- Effective communication skills, including ability to develop and present ideas and initiatives to groups.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people both within and outside of the organisation.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team and unsupervised as required.
- Have a resilient and robust temperament.
Working with the Upper Hutt City Council is a rewarding way to support the community, work with a great team, and develop your career. We do more than just pay you a salary, we have a range of great benefits to support you. With 50% of the Wellington regions green space, boutique shopping, award winning Brewtown and quirky cafes all within walking distance, train station close by and free parking, Upper Hutt is a great choice for your next career move.
Applications close at 9am on Wednesday 1 December 2021.
All applications must include a cover letter, CV and a completed Upper Hutt City Council application form (you can complete this online).
It is important for applicants to know that Upper Hutt City Council is currently undergoing a health and safety risk assessment to determine the risks of COVID-19 in our workplace and whether vaccinations are inherent to ensuring the health and safety of our team and customers. This role is subject to the risk assessment and depending on the outcome, may need to be completed by a fully vaccinated individual. We will update all shortlisted candidates as soon as this information is available.
NOTE THAT YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.