Permanent | Full time
- Love being active?
- Love working with the community?
- Want to make a difference in people’s lives?
- Enjoy solving complex issues, managing projects and supporting achievement across all levels of sport and recreation?
Our city is one of a kind. Upper Hutt is recognised as a great place for families and for people who enjoy the best of the outdoors. The team at Upper Hutt City Council work together to enhance the quality of life in Upper Hutt by providing leadership, support and services to our community.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about increasing physical activity and wellness within the Upper Hutt community!
The Recreation Advisor – Clubs and Schools will provide support to sports clubs, active recreation providers and schools by identifying barriers to participation, solutions to these barriers, promoting best practice and forming effective networks and relationships with all key stakeholders.
You will provide advice and support to sports clubs and schools to help develop initiatives that will increase levels of participation and wellness.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- An active interest in sport and recreation and experience in developing and organising recreational programmes, some of which will require weekend work;
- A passion for and understanding of the principles of community development through sport and recreation;
- The ability to build and manage strategic stakeholder relationships;
- The ability to develop new and innovative ways to engage the community, schools and clubs with active recreation and play;
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to multi-task in a variety of roles as directed;
- The ability to work autonomously with a high level of initiative;
- Excellent inter-personal, oral, and written communication skills, with the ability to relate and engage with a diverse range of people.
If you would like to be considered for this role then please apply online: www.upperhuttcity.com/careers.
All applications must include a cover letter, CV and a completed online Upper Hutt City Council application form.
For more information contact Brent Hayward at email@example.com
Applications close 4pm Monday 26 October 2020.
Note that you must have the right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.