Permanent - Full time/Part time roles available
H20 Xtream is seeking enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join the team at one of the region’s most exciting aquatic facilities.
As a Lifeguard you will be expected to maintain poolside duties while creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for our visitors. You will also contribute to maintaining a quality facility and assist with the operation of pool plant systems.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Be physically fit with the ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time;
- Have great people skills;
- Be motivated and professional;
- Hold a current lifeguard qualification (preferable but not essential. Training may be provided to gain the appropriate qualifications);
- Be available to work all shifts of the 3 week rotating roster which includes weekdays, weekends, day and late shifts between the hours of 5.00am – 10.30pm.
In return you will be part of a busy, unique aquatic environment that provides quality in-house training opportunities and is a great place to work.
We’re a vibrant team who love to have fun on the job, and there are plenty of opportunities for someone like you.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening if short-listed.
If you would like to be considered for this role then please apply online.
All applications must include a cover letter, CV and a completed online Upper Hutt City Council application form.
NOTE THAT YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
It is important for applicants to know that Upper Hutt City Council currently has a Staff Vaccination Policy in place. This policy will be suspended with effect Tuesday 5 April while we carry out a further risk assessment for all staff roles in light of the changing government advice and Covid risks. Depending on the outcome, this role may need to be completed by a fully vaccinated individual. We will update all shortlisted candidates as soon as this information is available.