Permanent | Full time
Upper Hutt City Council is seeking a highly motivated person with an exceptional can-do attitude with an indepth understanding of technical requirements for modern Libraries to deliver exciting and innovative digital and technical advice and solutions.
If you have :
- An in-depth understanding of library technologies and future trends in libraries combined with a love of working with people from all walks of life
- Outstanding relationship skills and a passion for providing quality customer service
- The ability to use initiative and take responsibility for a task from beginning to end
- Proven high level of computer skills across a variety of platforms including, but not limited to, Microsoft, Google Chrome and mobile technologies
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Library Management Systems
- Sound working knowledge of Web and Social Media technologies within a Public Library environment
- A library or equivalent tertiary qualification with relevant experience
We want to hear from you!
Working as a valuable member of the Upper Hutt Libraries team, this role will provide innovative solutions to support the development and implementation of digital solutions that improves the delivery of the libraries’ services collections, programmes and events.
We are seeking the right person who can ensure that all the libraries’ systems and tools, including the public internet service (APNK) and the Library Management System (KOTUI) are well managed and operating effectively to deliver Best Customer Experience for all customers and visitors to Upper Hutt Libraries and services.
To be successful in this role along with excellent technical skills you will be:
- Able to operate with integrity and take accountability for your own actions.
- Willing to take on challenges with positivity and enthusiasm.
- An effective team player
- Highly motivated with a willingness to embrace opportunities.
- Innovative with creative problem solving skills with proven ability to exercise sound judgement.
If this is the new job opportunity for you in 2021 we look forward to hearing from you.
All applications must include a cover letter, CV and a completed online Upper Hutt City Council application form.
Applications close 17 May 2021 at 4pm.
NOTE THAT YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.