Ngā Puna Mātauranga o Te Awa Kairangi ki Uta | Upper Hutt Libraries
Permanent | Full time
Are you an innovative person with a can-do attitude and a passion for working with people of all ages? Do you have an outstanding customer service ethos, great communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and within a team to deliver Upper Hutt City Libraries outreach and mobile services?
Working within the Customer Experience – Outreach Services Team the Librarian – Outreach Services will provide support for the planning, promotion and delivery of proactive and engaging mobile and outreach library services, including housebound services, Pinehaven branch services, and mobile services to schools, preschools, rest-homes and retirement villages and other outreach programmes as required.
For this key role we are seeking someone with a proactive positive approach who has excellent communication skills and can develop a good rapport with customers of all ages to deliver Library services to the Upper Hutt City Communities across a seven-day operation.
In return you’ll have the opportunity to work in a highly motivated team where you’ll be sharing your knowledge and skills to enhance the delivery of best customer experience for all our customers. You will also get the opportunity to deliver services with our 2 mobile vehicles – Pūrehurehu & Mangaroa NZ’s 1st EV mobile library.
Normal hours of work will be Monday to Friday with a rostered Saturday (1 in 6) at Pinehaven Library and you will also need to be available to provide outreach services in the weekend when required.
To be successful in this role you will bring your experience of with people of all ages and have:
- Outstanding relationship skills and a passion for providing excellent customer services.
- A great rapport with people of all ages.
- A demonstrated ability to use initiative and take responsibility for a task from beginning to end.
- A well-developed understanding of public libraries and their role in their communities.
- Strong computer skills and an awareness of library technologies.
- Proven teamwork skills and the ability to work positively with colleagues.
- Be capable of dealing with the public in a confident, calm and friendly manner that will bring credit to yourself and the Council.
- Tertiary library or equivalent qualifications and or relevant experience.
- A clean class 1 Drivers Licence (car licence) is essential for this role.
If you would like to be considered for this role then please apply online.
All applications must include a cover letter, CV and a completed online Upper Hutt City Council application form.
Applications close Tuesday 13th December 2022, 4pm.
We may start considering and interviewing candidates as their applications are received so we encourage you to apply early
NOTE THAT YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.