(Cultural Diversity Advisor: Libraries)
Full-time | Fixed Term
Upper Hutt City Council has a great opportunity for the right person who can lead the improvement of the Library experience for Māori, Pacifica peoples, ethnic minorities, LGBTQ and other culturally diverse groups in the Upper Hutt Communities.
This role will contribute to the learning, understanding and observation of Te Reo, Tikanga Māori and Te Ao Maori by Library staff and will facilitate strategies, initiatives and events that will increase the participation and engagement of Māori, Pacifica and other culturally diverse people ensuring that a welcoming library environment is created for all Upper Hutt citizens.
In this role you will embody our Council’s values of:
- We’re approachable
- People matter
- We’re courageous
- We’re one team
- We have fun
We are seeking someone with excellent communication skills in both English and Te Reo who can build positive relationships with a diverse range of people and a passion for ensuring that all our libraries’ are welcoming and accessible to all our customers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven proficiency in Te Reo Māori, Te Ao Māori and ngā Tikanga Māori
- Innovative engagement and leadership skills
- Integrity and respect for all people
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to relate and communicate with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- A passion for providing quality customer services
- An understanding of public libraries and the role they play in their communities
- Innovative and creative problem solving skills with proven ability to exercise sound judgement
- A relevant tertiary qualification and relevant experience
If you would like to be considered for this role then please apply online. All applications must include a cover letter, CV and a completed online Upper Hutt City Council application form.
Applications close on Wednesday 20th of January 2021 at 4pm.
Note you must have the right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.