PERMANENT | FULL TIME
· Strategic leadership
· CA qualified
· Work as part of a dedicated team
This is a busy role within the finance team reporting to the Financial Controller. Using a business partner model, the Infrastructure and Project Accountant offers accounting, analytical and modelling support to the Asset Management and Operations team to improve decision making and financial accountability, as well as acting as a trusted financial advisor to the project teams within council.
In addition, you are responsible for the accounting of fixed assets in the finance system and championing fixed asset best practices. You have a passion for continuous improvement and the tenacity to lead positive change in systems and processes.
If you’re ready for the challenge, and this role has really captured your attention, please review the competencies below and summarise in your cover letter, what you’ll bring to the table:
- Experienced project accounting background (including forecasting, finance systems savvy, designing reports)
- Experienced fixed asset accounting background (including asset management expenditure, best practice asset revaluation processes)
- How you have improved financial literacy in organisations
- Excellent communication skills - business report writing, ability to tell a story using financial data,
- Capable of quickly building positive and respectful working relationships with internal teams and external partners)
- Confident communicator (experience of presenting at governance or senior management levels)
- Being a trusted and credible adviser to a senior leadership team
You will also be welcomed by your peers in the Finance team who are a dynamic, supportive, and friendly bunch, who enjoy working with each other to make a positive difference across our organisation.
In the longer term this role has the scope for career progression.
Upper Hutt City Council is an organisation filled with supportive people who love this beautiful city of ours. It’s an exciting time to live, work and play in Upper Hutt as the city continues to grow and thrive.
Upper Hutt is recognised as a great place for families and for people who enjoy the best of our gorgeous natural environment. The team at Upper Hutt City Council work together to enhance the quality of life in Upper Hutt by providing leadership, support and services to our community.
Apply online by clicking on the link above.
Applications close at 9am on Monday 17th October 2022
All applications must include a cover letter, CV and a completed Upper Hutt City Council application form (you can complete this online above)
PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.