PERMANENT | FULL TIME
Our city is one of a kind. Upper Hutt is recognised as a great place for families and for people who enjoy the best of the outdoors. The team at Upper Hutt City Council work together to enhance the quality of life in Upper Hutt by providing leadership, support and services to our community.
The Parks and Reserves Team are a busy team who are responsible for the city’s parks and reserves, cemetery, facilities management of Council buildings and waste minimisation for the community. The growing team has a need for a Facilities Officer who will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation and maintenance of Council owned buildings, facilities and associated systems including security and CCTV. This includes community buildings, civic facilities and commercially leased properties owned by Council. The role will also manage Council’s fleet of vehicles.
Key responsibilities in this broad role include:
- Property and facilities management
- CCTV and security systems and equipment management
- Fleet management
- Contractor management
To be considered for this role we are ideally looking for:
- At least three years’ experience in a facilities or property management is desirable.
- Contractor management experience
- Can demonstrate the importance of putting H&S first
- Working knowledge and/or experience of CCTV technology, networks and/or systems
- Up to date knowledge of security systems and good practices
- Proven skills in Microsoft Office and ideally experience using Sharepoint
- The ability to learn and adapt to new practices and systems.
- A commitment to a high level of customer Service
Working with the Upper Hutt City Council is a rewarding way to support the community, work with a great team, and develop your career. We do more than just pay you a salary, we have a range of great benefits to support you. With 50% of the Wellington regions green space, boutique shopping, award winning Brewtown and quirky cafes all within walking distance, train station close by and free parking, Upper Hutt is a great choice for your next career move.
Applications close at 9am on Wednesday 1 December 2021.
All applications must include a cover letter, CV and a completed Upper Hutt City Council application form (you can complete this online).
It is important for applicants to know that Upper Hutt City Council is currently undergoing a health and safety risk assessment to determine the risks of COVID-19 in our workplace and whether vaccinations are inherent to ensuring the health and safety of our team and customers. This role is subject to the risk assessment and depending on the outcome, may need to be completed by a fully vaccinated individual. We will update all shortlisted candidates as soon as this information is available.
NOTE THAT YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.