FIXED TERM 3 YEARS | PART TIME (20-25 HOURS PER WEEK)
We are looking for a Community Development Advisor - Welcoming Communities to join our vibrant team. We love supporting our community and invite applications from like-minded people to become part of the team and develop the Welcoming Communities programme for our community.
Welcoming Communities is a New Zealand Immigration funded initiative.
Welcoming Communities supports councils and their communities to create welcoming environments for newcomers – recent migrants, former refugees and newcomers to Upper Hutt City. The programme involves facilitating, engaging, empowering and partnering with local organisations/groups and the community in developing, delivering and participating in welcoming activities. This approach increases social engagement and provides opportunities to build social connection.
To be successful in the role you will need to have:
- A passion for working within the Upper Hutt Community;
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to connect appropriately with a diverse range of stakeholders to meet clear outcomes;
- Knowledge and experience in community development and best practice principles;
- The ability to work autonomously with a high level of initiative;
- Great organisational skills and project management skills;
- Very good written, verbal and presentation skills, with an ability to convey concepts or information with clarity and accuracy.
Applications close at 9am on 12 July 2022
All applications must include a cover letter, CV and a completed Upper Hutt City Council application form (you can complete this online above)
PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.