PERMANENT | FULL TIME
We are looking for a Community Development Advisor to join our vibrant team. We love supporting our community and invite applications from like-minded people to become part of the team and contribute to Upper Hutt being a safe, informed, connected and resilient community.
As a team we:
- Respond to local issues and support community and organisation-led activities and initiatives
- Support the capacity building, effectiveness and connectedness of community groups
- Enable programmes and initiatives that improve safety and support a city free from crime and injury
To be successful in the role you will need to have:
- A passion for working within the Upper Hutt Community
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate appropriately with a diverse range of stakeholders to meet clear outcomes
- Extensive knowledge and experience in community development and best practice principles
- The ability to work autonomously with a high level of initiative
- Excellent organisational skills and project management skills
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills, with an ability to convey concepts or information with clarity and accuracy
It is important for applicants to know that Upper Hutt City Council is currently undergoing a health and safety risk assessment to determine the risks of COVID-19 in our workplace and whether vaccinations are inherent to ensuring the health and safety of our team and customers. This role is subject to the risk assessment and depending on the outcome, may need to be completed by a fully vaccinated individual. We will update all shortlisted candidates as soon as this information is available.
NOTE THAT YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.