Part Time (25 hours per week) /Fixed Term (September 2021)
• Are you passionate about local history with an eye for detail and a creative flair?
• Are you a highly organised team player with excellent computer skills and a commitment to delivering outstanding customer service?
Working alongside the Community Heritage Coordinator and the Heritage Librarian, this role is responsible for enabling access to Upper Hutt Library’s Heritage resources and services, and ensuring that Upper Hutt’s stories are captured and preserved for current and future generations. Alongside front line desk duties delivering exceptional customer service, this role will assist in the maintenance and development of the Library’s online archival content and access services, appraisal of new collection acquisitions according to professional archive standards, as well as assisting with promotional displays, events, and media.
For this role we are seeking a self-motivated team-player with an eye for detail, excellent computer and data entry skills, innovation and creativity, who is highly organised, interested in people, stories, and the role libraries play in supporting the Upper Hutt community.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a high functioning team with a passionate interest in the history of Upper Hutt, Heritage and Archival services, capturing oral histories from diverse perspectives, and delivering hugely popular public events.
We are looking for someone who:
- has a working knowledge of digitalisation technologies and processes;
- has a clear understanding of libraries and the role they play in their communities;
- Is an excellent communicator with empathy for people from all walks of life;
- Can produce innovative and creative promotional material;
- Appreciates the importance of compliance issues including Copyright and Privacy Acts;
- Has a genuine interest in people and contributing positively to an outstanding team.
If you would like to be considered for this role then please apply online: www.upperhuttcity.com/careers.
Applications close 4pm Tuesday 2 March 2021.
All applications must include a cover letter, CV and a completed online Upper Hutt City Council application form.
NOTE THAT YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.