PERMANENT | FULL TIME
- Shape the future of Upper Hutt
- Deliver tangible outcomes
- Work as part of a dedicated team
Our city is one of a kind. Upper Hutt is recognised as a great place for families and for people who enjoy the best of the outdoors. The team at Upper Hutt City Council work together to enhance the quality of life in Upper Hutt by providing leadership, support and services to our community.
Infrastructure assets provide the foundation for our community’s wellbeing and the growth of our city. The Assets team play a crucial role in our stewardship of these assets and we are looking for an energetic and dynamic Team Leader to continue our asset management improvement journey.
Reporting to the Assets and Programme Manager, you will use best practice to guide and achieve delivery of the Assets team work programme. This role will lead the development and implementation of a range of asset management practices including strategic asset management planning; business processes and policies; systems, data and information management; and reporting, to ensure Council has an integrated approach to the efficient and effective management of all its assets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide day-to-day technical leadership and direction to Assets team members.
- Leading best practice and continuous improvement across asset management activities.
- Collaborate and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the effective delivery of the asset management work programme.
- Develop and maintain strategic asset management framework and outputs, including the Infrastructure Strategy, Asset Management Plans and supporting documents.
- Oversight and continued development of Asset Management Information Systems and processes to enable optimised asset management planning.
- Excellent communication skills, change and relationship management, and a customer focus.
This role is a permanent, full time position. Applications close at 9pm on Sunday 28th November 2021.
All applications must include a cover letter, CV and a completed Upper Hutt City Council application form (you can complete this online).
It is important for applicants to know that Upper Hutt City Council is currently undergoing a health and safety risk assessment to determine the risks of COVID-19 in our workplace and whether vaccinations are inherent to ensuring the health and safety of our team and customers. This role is subject to the risk assessment and depending on the outcome, may need to be completed by a fully vaccinated individual. We will update all shortlisted candidates as soon as this information is available.
NOTE THAT YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.