MARKETING AND PROMOTIONS ADVISOR PERMANENT | FULL TIME
• Shape the future of Upper Hutt
• Deliver tangible outcomes
• Work as part of a dedicated team
Our city is one of a kind. Upper Hutt is recognised as a great place for families and for people who enjoy the best of the outdoors. The team at Upper Hutt City Council work together to enhance the quality of life in Upper Hutt by providing leadership, support and services to our community.
This role will play a key role in developing, implementing, and evaluating high quality events and marketing and promotions strategies to engage our community and promote our city to the region. With responsibility for social media, this role requires someone who can identify opportunities and act on them, thinking on their feet and working under tight deadlines to deliver creative and engaging digital content that is relevant and timely.
Key responsibilities in this broad role include:
• Being a social media wizard; providing advice and guidance to others as well as working to produce amazing content.
• Promoting our city as a desirable place to live and do business and support tourism.
• Provide event support and administration for both Council-led events, and community-led events.
• Coordinate internal and external promotions to improve awareness of Council's services.
• Creating innovative digital campaigns, and backing them up with strong analytics to drive improvements.
You will have ~ 3 years in a marketing related role backed by formal qualifications in marketing, business management or a related field.
Applications close 22 September 2019 at 4pm.
Please note you must have the legal right to work in NZ to be considered for this role.