We have now adopted the Sustainability Strategy 2020. We've developed the Strategy with the help of our community consultation, our Climate Change focus groups, local expertise, and with reference to international best practice. We’ve developed eight goals that will set Upper Hutt on the right path to minimise our environmental impact, maximise remedial action, and role-model sustainable community living.
- Council will be a carbon neutral organisation by 2035.
- We will prioritise protecting and enhancing our natural environment.
- We will have a good quality and sufficient water supply.
- Our community will be resilient, adaptable and inclusive.
- Upper Hutt City Council will be a leader in the community on sustainability issues.
- We will reduce waste.
- Our community will be engaged and informed on sustainability issues.
- We will encourage low carbon transport.
These goals are accompanied by a set of actions for Council to embark on to achieve them.
Click here to download the Sustainability Strategy 2020(PDF, 4MB)
*1000 characters max
Your feedback is anonymous. If you have a general enquiry or require a response, please Contact us directly instead.