Affordable Housing Strategy
In July 2020, we adopted our Affordable Housing Strategy 2020.
View the Affordable Housing Strategy 2020(PDF, 407KB)
We want all Upper Hutt residents to be well-housed, and have access to adequate, affordable housing that meets their needs.
- Upper Hutt has a well-functioning housing system that supports sustainable, resilient and connected communities
- An increase in the supply and retention of adequate, affordable, quality housing for rent and to buy
- Upper Hutt has an adequate supply of Public and Community housing and housing support to meet the needs of those requiring housing assistance in the city.
Our Action Plan
These goals are accompanied by a set of actions for Council to embark on to achieve them.
- Investigate the commissioning and co-funding of a more detailed housing needs assessment to better understanding the nature and scale of the need for affordable housing;
- Ensure Plan Change 50 assists in delivering affordable housing outcomes, in addition to a net increase in supply of new housing;
- Ensure alignment between all Strategies and Plans that impact on Affordable Housing, addressing all parts of the housing continuum; and
- Provide leadership and promote collaboration between all those with an interest in delivering affordable housing including by facilitating and supporting Upper Hutt Housing Network amongst other initiatives.
*1000 characters max
Your feedback is anonymous. If you have a general enquiry or require a response, please Contact us directly instead.