Private Plan Change 52 – Rezoning of 20 Stroma Way, Mount Marua
Private Plan Change 52 became fully operative on 31 March 2021.
The appeal period for Private Plan Change 52 closed on 4 March 2021 and no appeals were lodged during this time. The operative date was publicly notified in the Upper Hutt Leader on 24 March 2021.
On 15 December 2020 Council resolved to adopt the recommended decisions and to approve the private Plan Change with modifications.
- Submitters and the person who requested the proposed plan change have the right to appeal the decision to the Environment Court in respect of: a provision/matter included or excluded in the proposed plan change, or
- a provision which the decisions of Council proposed to include or exclude in the plan change;
- provided the person referred to that provision or matter in their submission on the proposed plan change.
Any Notice of Appeal must be lodged with the Environment Court within 30 working days of being served notice of the decision on the proposed plan change. A copy of the Notice of Appeal to the Environment Court must also be served on Upper Hutt City Council within 30 working days of service of this notice.
PPC52 was publicly notified on 15 July 2020. The submission period closed on 14 August 2020 and three submissions were received. The Summary of Decisions Requested (Summary of Submissions) was publicly notified on 9 September 2020 and the further submission period closed on 24 September 2020. No further submissions were received.
A hearing was not required for PPC52 because:
- KiwiRail have withdrawn their submission on 30 October 2020 and none of the remaining two submitters wished to be heard.
- The issues raised by Council in the S42A report and the recommended further amendments were accepted by the plan change requestor.
Private Plan Change Request
Upper Hutt City Council has received a private plan change request for the rezoning of 20 Stroma Way. At its meeting on 10 June 2020 Council decided to accept the private plan change request and start the statutory plan change process.
Proposed Private Plan Change 52 (“Private Plan Change 52”) was publicly notified on 15 July 2020 and submissions closed on 14 August 2020. Overall three submissions were received. Council has prepared a Summary of Decisions Requested (Summary of Submissions) and certain persons may now make a further submission in support of or in opposition to a submission already received. Please refer to the Public Notice for details on how to make a further submission. Further Submissions close on Thursday 24 September 2020 at 5pm.
Private Plan Change 52 (“Private Plan Change 52”) seeks to rezone the site at 20 Stroma Way in Mount Marua from Rural Hill Zone to Rural Lifestyle Zone. The site is subject to the Southern Hills Overlay Area.
The proposed Rural Lifestyle Zone would provide for residential development at a rural lifestyle density level. To address the Southern Hills Overlay Area the Plan Change also proposes the introduction of a Structure Plan for the site.
The Structure Plan:
- Provides details regarding the intended form and layout of the envisaged subdivision;
- Contains a Landscape Masterplan that identifies areas of vegetation retention and future regeneration; and
- Introduces three sets of site specific principles that need to be considered at subdivision stage, relating to Earthworks and Sediment Control, Landscape and Visual Impact and Stormwater and Natural Hazards.
Submissions closed on
Friday 14 August at 5pm
Public Notice(PDF, 92KB)
Private Plan Change 52 Request(PDF, 26MB)
Submission Form (Form 5)(PDF, 93KB)
Further Submissions closed on
Thursday 24 September 2020 at 5pm
Summary of Decisions Requested (Summary of Submissions) (PDF, 149KB)
Public Notice(PDF, 105KB)
Further Submissions Form 6(PDF, 101KB)
#3 Andrew Mark
Full set of Submissions(PDF, 959KB)
||Appeal period closed on
Thursday 4 March 2021 at 5pm
Public Notice(PDF, 47KB)
S42 Report and Decision(PDF, 3MB)
Council Decision Report(PDF, 127KB)
Chapter 05(PDF, 189KB)
Chapter 19(PDF, 189KB)
Chapter 23(PDF, 283KB)
Chapter 28(PDF, 157KB)
Chapter 40(PDF, 805KB)
PPC 52 - Decision reports combined in one PDF(PDF, 4MB)
|| Fully Operative on 31 March 2021
|| Public Notice(PDF, 47KB)
*1000 characters max
Your feedback is anonymous. If you have a general enquiry or require a response, please Contact us directly instead.