PLAY in Upper Hutt
Play is essential to healthy brain development and enables children to interact in the world around them. Play allows children to experience fun, joy and laughter in a way that is important to them. It’s also where they can practice life skills while developing imagination, dexterity, and physical, cognitive, and emotional strength.
The positive benefits of play include:
- Being physically active in a fun way that develops fundamental movement skills
- Encouraging self-directed creativity and innovation
- Improving social and emotional connection
- Improving a young person’s understanding of their relationship with the physical environment
- Improving resilience, independence and leadership by determining their own outcomes
- Aiding better decision-making based around elements of challenge and risk.
More information about the benefits of Play is available on the Sport New Zealand website.
Activation are dedicated to bringing you activities, adventures, events and information about Play in our Region.
Follow Activation on Facebook for regular updates
*1000 characters max
If you have a general enquiry or require a response, please Contact us.