PLAY in Upper Hutt
Play is essential to healthy brain development and enables children to interact in the world around them. Play allows children to experience fun, joy and laughter in a way that is important to them. It’s also where they can practice life skills while developing imagination, dexterity, and physical, cognitive, and emotional strength.
The positive benefits of play include:
- Being physically active in a fun way that develops fundamental movement skills
- Encouraging self-directed creativity and innovation
- Improving social and emotional connection
- Improving a young person’s understanding of their relationship with the physical environment
- Improving resilience, independence and leadership by determining their own outcomes
- Aiding better decision-making based around elements of challenge and risk.
Activation are dedicated to bringing you activities, adventures, events and information about Play in our Region.
Follow Activation on Facebook for regular updates
July: Teddy Bear Play!
We've got LOADS of exciting activities for you to do with your family and friends, which of course includes your Teddy Bears!! Over school holidays you can create a name badge for your Bear, dress up your Bear, or bake some Teddy Bear biscuits. Click on a link below to find out more about these activities or follow our page on Facebook for regular updates!
- Teddy Bear play/colour-in competition(PDF, 879KB)
- How to make your very own Teddy Bear head band(PDF, 402KB)
- How to make your very own Teddy Bear picnic basket(PDF, 73KB)
- Going on a Bear Hunt answer sheet (PDF, 432KB)
August: Month of Play
More information about the benefits of Play is available on the Sport New Zealand website.
*1000 characters max
If you have a general enquiry or require a response, please Contact us.