Garden watering restrictions

To make sure there’s enough water for everyone, we restrict the use of garden watering systems all year.

The use of garden watering systems has the potential to waste a lot of water if used too frequently, or turned on for lengthy periods of time.

The restrictions allow you to use:

  • A single garden watering system (a sprinkler, an irrigation system, a soaker hose, or an unattended hose) at a time to be used in your garden from 6am – 8am and 7pm – 9pm.

Only on allocated watering days:

  • Odd-numbered houses on odd dates of the month (1st, 3rd, 11th etc.)
  • Even-numbered houses on even dates of the month (2nd, 4th, 16th etc. 

In certain circumstances a ban on sprinklers and irrigation systems (as above) may become necessary and in extreme circumstances a total outdoor water ban may be declared.

Currently there is no sprinkler ban in place. 

What happens if you breach the restrictions?

We run watering patrols where we monitor compliance with the water restrictions and provide information on water conservation and the restrictions. People who are found to be breaching the restrictions may be prosecuted, or receive a warning.