Our community recycling station
From Tuesday 17th December through to Thursday 23rd January - the recycling station will have increased servicing on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and one container on a Saturday afternoon. The station will not be serviced on Christmas Day, New Years Day or Sundays. If there is no capacity at the recycling station, we ask that you please take your recycling home with you. Any material that is left outside the containers will be landfilled and can blow away in the wind becoming litter.
Location and hours
Open 24/7, the recycling station is a great option to drop-off your recyclable materials.
You’ll find the recycling station located at 18 Park Street, just outside Council's depot, to the east of Maidstone Park.
Recycling station servicing
The recycling station is serviced on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Processing plants for recyclable materials are not open in the weekend, therefore the station is not able to be serviced over this popular time. A container swap-out takes place on Saturday afternoon to accommodate for the influx of material received over the weekend. However, please note: Any material that is left behind when the containers are full will be landfilled.
What recycling is accepted?
- Glass (separated into colour)
- Plastics 1 and 2 only (see below)
The upgraded station only accepts plastic types 1, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and 2, high-density polyethylene (HDPE). This is due to changes in the global plastics market resulting in little to no demand for most plastic types 3 to 7. Refer to this media release for more information.
Examples of products that WILL be accepted at the Park Street recycling station:
- Plastics type 1 –water, juice and soft drink bottles
- Plastics type 2 – milk, cream, shampoo and cleaning product bottles and containers
Examples of products that WILL NOT be collected at the Park Street recycling station:
- Plastics type 3 –clear food packaging, certain biscuit trays and coffee cup lids
- Plastics type 4 – soft plastics such as plastic, bread and produce bags, six-pack rings
- Plastics type 5 –take away meal containers, yoghurt and ice-cream containers
- Plastics type 6 – disposable cutlery, plates and cutlery, some meat trays and styrofoam products
- Plastics type 7 –other plastics or combined materials used for toys. Tetra Pak and milk cartons
Illegal dumping and flytipping
To report illegal dumping of waste please contact us directly with as much information as possible e.g. location, date, time, type of waste.