Amusement Device Permit

Certain entertainment activities held in Upper Hutt will require a permit, even if the activity is only temporary. The permit approval process considers steps taken to reduce risk to the public, and compliance with existing bylaws or conditions relevant to that activity.

For more information about amusement equipment and/or ‘rides’, please contact the Environmental Health Officer on (04) 527 2169.

A fee will need to be paid and your permit will be taken to the event by the Environmental Health Officer.

Failure to produce a permit when required may result in your removal from that area, or impact on your future permit applications.