Apply for a Certificate of Use

You will have to get a certificate of use from us prior to making an alcohol licence application. This certificate is required to be attached to your alcohol licence application. This also applies to people taking over an existing licensed premise.

Please complete the following form(s) and make the necessary payment before proceeding with your alcohol licence application:

Certificate of Use application form(PDF, 160KB)

Please note:

A Certificate of Use will not be granted for the following reasons:

  • If the use of the premise needs a resource consent and it has not been granted.

  • If there is a pending Code Compliance Certificate to be issued for the building.

  • If the building does not currently have a Warrant of Fitness.

For further information regarding this process please contact Planning or Building.