With most of New Zealand moving to Alert Level 1 on 23 September 2020, all Council services are continuing to run. We continue to monitor advice for the New Zealand Government and the Ministry of Health. Use the links at the top of this page or navigate to the next section to find out what has changed (and what hasn't).
For more information on Alert Level 1 restrictions, please go to the COVID-19 website: covid19.govt.nz/covid-19/restrictions/alert-level-1/
Parks, playgrounds and public toilets
Parks and playgrounds are open under Alert Level 1.
When using playgrounds please ensure you follow Ministry of Health guidelines:
- Wash and dry your hands before and after using the play equipment
- If you can't wash your hands, use sanitiser
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow
- Don't touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- Stay off the play equipment and stay home if you feel unwell
All public toilets are open.
- Upper Hutt’s rubbish bag collection is continuing as normal. For more information, go to our waste collection days page.
- All private kerbside collections are operating as normal.
- The Upper Hutt Recycling Station in Park Street is open.
- All private kerbside recycling providers are operating as normal.
- Silverstream Landfill is open as normal.
Resource consent and land information memorandum (LIM) services are running as normal under Alert Level 1.
Building service operations are continuing to run as normal during Alert Level 1.
We're continuing to provide interments (burials) at the Akatarawa Cemetery during Alert Level 1.
Contact the sexton on 027 249 4836 or visit the Ministry of Health website for more information.
Noise control and animal services are operating as normal during Alert Level1.
Our environmental health services are operating as normal during Alert Level 1.
Upper Hutt Libraries are open during Alert Level 1, view what Alert Level 1 means at Upper Hutt Libraries.
Contact the Library
You can contact the Library through our website upperhuttlibrary.co.nz, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect with us on social media via Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Expressions Whirinaki is open. Find out about current and upcoming exhibitions, events and activities at expressions.org.nz.
The i-SITE Visitor Information Centre is also open as normal.
Council reception is open during Alert Level 1.
If you have any issues or concerns at all, our Customer Services Team is available and we can be contacted at any time. Call us on (04) 527 2169 or email email@example.com or talk to your elected members.