With Upper Hutt moving to Alert Level 2, Council services are continuing to run. We continue to monitor advice for the New Zealand Government and the Ministry of Health. Use the links at the top of this page or navigate to the next section to find out what has changed (and what hasn't).
For more information on Alert Level 2 restrictions, please go to the COVID-19 website: covid19.govt.nz/covid-19/restrictions/alert-level-2/
Parks and playgrounds are open under Alert Level 2.
When using playgrounds please ensure you follow Ministry of Health guidelines:
- Wash and dry your hands before and after using the play equipment
- If you can't wash your hands, use sanitiser
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow
- Don't touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- Stay off the play equipment and stay home if you feel unwell
All public toilets are open.
- Upper Hutt’s rubbish bag collection is continuing as normal. For more information, go to our waste collection days page.
- All private kerbside collections are operating as normal.
- The Upper Hutt Recycling Station in Park Street is open.
- All private kerbside recycling providers are operating as normal.
- Silverstream Landfill is open as normal.
Resource consent and land information memorandum (LIM) services are running as normal under Alert Level 2.
Building service operations are continuing to run as normal during Alert Level 2.
We're continuing to provide interments (burials) at the Akatarawa Cemetery during Alert Level 2.
As per the Government Alert Level 2 guidelines, funerals and tangihanga are limited to 50 people indoors and 100 people outdoors.
Contact the sexton on 027 249 4836 or visit the Ministry of Health website for more information.
Noise control and animal services are operating as normal during Alert Level 2.
Our environmental health services are operating as normal during Alert Level 2.
For information on Upper Hutt Libraries visit the Libraries site.
You can contact the Library through our website upperhuttlibrary.co.nz, email email@example.com, or connect with us on social media via Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For information on Whirinaki Whare Taonga and i-SITE Visitor Information Centre visit expressions.org.nz.
Contact tracing will be in place, please maintain 2 metre distancing and face coverings are mandatory for everyone aged 12 and over.
With changes to attendance restrictions, we'll be contacting our customers with bookings directly.
For information on the aquatic centre visit the aquatic centres website.
Council reception is open during Alert Level 2. Contact tracing will be in place, please maintain 2 metre distancing and face coverings are mandatory for everyone aged 12 and over.
If you have any issues or concerns at all, our Customer Services Team is available and we can be contacted at any time. Call us on (04) 527 2169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to your elected members.