Upper Hutt moved to COVID-19 Protection Framework (CPF) ‘Orange’ on 14 April. Use the links at the top of this page or navigate to the next section to find out what has changed (and what hasn't).
We’ll continue to monitor the advice from the Government and the Ministry of Health, and will update this section if anything changes.
For more information on Traffic Light system at Orange, go to the COVID-19 website: covid19.govt.nz/traffic-lights/life-at-orange/
Vaccine passes are not required in council reception. Council reception is open. Please maintain physical distancing and face coverings are mandatory, unless you're medically exempt.
If you have any issues or concerns at all, our Customer Services Team is available and we can be contacted at any time. Call us on (04) 527 2169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to your elected members.
Parks, playgrounds, sports grounds and other outdoor recreation facilities such as skate parks are open to everyone. Council encourage its residents and visitors to follow public health guidelines.
- Regularly wash and thoroughly dry your hands or use hand sanitiser.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
- Keep your distance from people you do not know.
- Clean or disinfect shared surfaces often.
- If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, stay home and get a test.
All public toilets are open.
Vaccine passes are not required at in libraries. For more information on Upper Hutt Libraries visit the Libraries site.
You can contact the Library through our website upperhuttlibrary.co.nz, email email@example.com, or connect with us on social media via Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Vaccine passes are not required at the aquatic centre. For more information on the aquatic centre visit the aquatic centre website.
Check with Whirinaki Whare Taonga and i-SITE Visitor Information Centre on their settings by visiting whirinakiarts.org.nz.
- Upper Hutt’s rubbish bag collection is continuing as normal. For more information, go to our waste collection days page.
- All private kerbside collections are operating as normal.
- The Upper Hutt Recycling Station in Park Street is open.
- All private kerbside recycling providers are operating as normal.
- Silverstream Landfill is open as normal.
Resource consent, land information memorandum (LIM) services and building consents are running as normal.
We're continuing to provide interments (burials) at the Akatarawa Cemetery.
Contact the sexton on 027 249 4836 or visit the Unite Against as Covid-19 for more information.
Noise control and animal services are operating as normal.
Our environmental health services are operating as normal.