Resource consent process
You, or someone representing you, such as a builder, architect, and surveyor or planning consultant must complete an Application for Resource Consent and submit it to the Council, either in person by post or by email to Resourceconsents@uhcc.govt.nz
There is a fee for processing applications and an assessment fee must be paid with your application. Application fees cover the cost of processing your application only. Fees are not refundable if your application is declined or withdrawn. Other fees may also apply.
The Resource Management Act requires that the assessment period for resource consent applications take a maximum of 20 working days, provided all the necessary information included and your proposed project does not need to be notified. The 20 working day time-frame can be extended in special circumstances.
Any resource consent will follow one of three procedures:
- non notified
- limited notified
- publicly notified
The Council monitors projects it has issued resource consents for. It also investigates building work that may be breaching the District Plan rules and standards by not having the necessary consents.
If you are concerned a development may not comply with the District Plan rules and standards or the requirements under the Building Act, contact us as soon as possible.
Planning Application Forms and Guidance Documents
- Resource consent application form(PDF, 214KB)
- Resource consent application – Trees(PDF, 126KB)
- Application for relocating buildings(PDF, 71KB)
- Application for deemed permitted activity(PDF, 122KB)
- Written approval (general)(PDF, 66KB)
- Consultation with affected parties(PDF, 107KB)
- Resource consent submission (Form 13)(PDF, 88KB)
- The Fencing Act 1978 (guidance document only)(PDF, 63KB)
- Application for Remissions of Development Charges(PDF, 86KB)
- Manual of Policies(PDF, 3MB) Residential Stimulus Policy (page 114, section 4.4)
- Notice to undertake Permitted Forestry Activities(PDF, 85KB)
*1000 characters max
Your feedback is anonymous. If you have a general enquiry or require a response, please Contact us directly instead.