Upgrade works taking place at Upper Hutt Station
Published on 05 January 2021
This week, Upper Hutt station users will begin to see upgrades to the carpark area. Upgrades include more commuter parking, a space for new bicycle parking, a new crossing, carpool spaces and new accessible parks.
Sections of the carpark will be closed while work is completed. Works will be staged, so carpark access and capacity may change.
Stage 1 - COMPLETE
- Construction of Brown Street entranceway
- New vehicle crossing from the carpark through to Brown Street carpark
Stage 2 - UNDERWAY
- Work on a new cycle shelter begins
- Construction of new raised crossing
- Construction and marking of accessible and carpool spaces
- New street lighting and signage installed
Expected completion: late April 2021. Adverse weather could delay completion.
Please observe all signage and check service alerts regularly.
Visit the Metlink website for more information.