Rail Network Upgrade - Trentham to Blenheim Street
Published on 04 November 2020
Upgrading the rail network in your area.
KiwiRail is upgrading the Wellington rail network, replacing older infrastructure and making improvements. This will make train services more reliable and reduces the need for maintenance in the future.
Work is continuing on the upgrade to the existing overhead electrical system on the Hutt Valley Line between Trentham station and Blenheim Street. When the trains aren’t running, their teams need to work as many hours as they can because they have a lot to do in a short time. They will typically be working dayshifts but may be required to work nightshift at certain periods in November and early December.
- Monday 2 through to and including Wednesday 4 November (8pm to 4.30am)
- Monday 9 through to and including Wednesday 11 November (8pm to 4.30am)
- Sunday 14 & Sunday 15 November (2am to 4am)
- Monday 16 through to and including Wednesday 18 November (8pm to 4.30am)
- Sunday 22 through to and including Wednesday 25 November (8pm to 4.30am)
- Sunday 29 through to and including Wednesday 2 December (8pm to 4.30am)
They’ll do their best to keep all this to a minimum and everyone on site knows that keeping quiet is a priority. Even so, there still could be some disruption. KiwiRail apologise for this, and are grateful for your patience and understanding while they complete this essential upgrade work.
If you would like to discuss, please do not hesitate to get in contact.
Questions or concerns?
Please contact: 0800 801 070 (daytime hours) | 0800 801 070, ext. 43042 (after hours)
If you would like to find out more about the Wellington Metro Upgrade please go to https://www.kiwirail.co.nz/what-we-do/projects/wellington/