Event Fund 2021 Now Open
Published on 01 June 2021
Upper Hutt City Council is committed to supporting local event organisers that deliver events which positively impact residents of Upper Hutt City and help achieve Council’s long term vision.
The contestable event fund is open to all events run in Upper Hutt, with preference given to new and/or significant events. The funding round is open from 1 June – 30 June each year.
Make an Event Fund Application
- Funding cannot be granted retrospectively.
- Council will not grant money for wages, salaries or event management fees.
- Maximum funding you can apply for is $5,000
- All events Council funded must be smokefree. To find out more please see our Smokefree Policy page
- From January 2022, events with over 1,000 people attending will be required to submit a 'waste minimisation plan'. For more information or to speak to a Waste Minimisation Officer please see our Event Waste Minimisation and Management page
Understandably, these are uncertain times as COVID-19 has had a huge impact on events this year. Should a future event be affected by COVID-19 restrictions, Council will work with the organiser to postpone the event or find an alternative solution.
Helpful tip, please have ready for your application:
- Your organisation and contact details
- Event details including location, date and time
- Amount of funding being requested and what it will be used for
- Any collaboration with other community groups
- Applicable supporting documentation for your event, such as: traffic management plan, health and safety plan, bank deposit slip, waste minimisation plan, first aid plan, public liability insurance and current financial statement
- Information ready to demonstrate how your event contributes towards the Upper Hutt City Council's strategic priorities in the Long Term Plan: Environment, Community, City Centre, Economy and Infrastructure