Enrol to vote

Published on 14 June 2022


Local elections are coming. They’ll be held on 8 October and this year, voting will include Mayor, Councillors, as well as Greater Wellington Regional Council, Hutt Mana Charitable Trust and Remutaka Licensing Trust.

Who can vote? 

You can enrol to vote if you are 18 years or older, a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, and you’ve lived in New Zealand continuously for 12 months or more at some time in your life. 

How do I enrol? 

If you are enrolled to vote, you will be sent an enrolment update pack in the mail by the Electoral Commission in the first week of July. To make sure you receive your enrolment update pack, check or update your postal address at www.vote.nz/enrolling/enrol-or-update/enrol-or-update-online/ or call 0800 36 76 56.

Enrolment forms are also found at our reception or any PostShop.