Alternate swimming options during H2O Xtream closure
Published on 20 January 2023
Less than three weeks to go until H2O Xtream closes for a major upgrade!
The last day we’ll be open to customers is Monday 6 February, Waitangi Day. Then we’ll be closing the doors for approximately 12 months while the work is carried out.
Until then, it’s business as usual and we have plenty for you to enjoy including the action-packed event series celebrating 26 years of Xtream, and the U-PLAY summer holiday events. Check out our website for the details.
And if you’re wondering what you’ll do without us in 2023, don’t worry, we’ve managed to secure some swimming space at Fulton Swim School for public swimming and hydro. H2O concession cards can be used here.
- Tuesday to Thursday (incl.) 5.30 am to 10.30 am
- Monday to Friday 7.00 pm – 9.00 pm (Tuesday and Thursday Hydro 7.00 pm – 8.00 pm, lane swimming 8.00 pm – 9.00 pm)
- Saturday 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm
- Sunday 1.00 pm to 5.30 pm
We have also secured Trentham School so we can continue to offer lessons at a reduced capacity. We’ll contact our existing customers directly to provide the timetable and details on how to book.
For those who are just keen for the occasional recreational dip, you could check out these other pools while we’re closed:
- Stokes Valley pool+fitness
- Huia pool+fitness
- Wellington Regional Aquatic Centre
- Keith Spry Pool (Johnsonville)
- Tawa Pool
- Freyberg Pool and Fitness Centre (temporarily closed - will reopen late February 2023 once its upgrade is complete)
- Porirua Arena Aquatics
Outdoor (summer only)
- Wainuiomata Summer Swimming Pool
- McKenzie Pool
- Thorndon Pool
- Eastbourne Summer Pool
There will be other activities happening throughout the year so follow us on Facebook or check our website to stay in the loop. We’ll also provide project updates as we move through the upgrade.
To find out more about the upgrade, check out our H2O Xtream upgrade page.