Upper Hutt Rates Property Search

Rating information database

Upper Hutt City Council maintains a Rating Information Database (RID) that contains information about all the properties within Upper Hutt.  This information includes, but is not limited to, property values, types of buildings, and physical locations.  Both the Upper Hutt City Council and the Greater Wellington Regional Council use the information in the RID to set rates for each property every year. 

The Rating Information Database (RID) for the 2024/2025 rating year is now available for inspection.  Click here to view/download the public notice.  The Property Search below provides information contained in the RID as well as information on the rates set each year.  

While the 2024/2025 RID is available, please be aware that the indictive rates for 2024/2025 have not yet been set.  As a result, the “Next Rating Year (2024/2025)” figures do not reflect what the 2024/2025 rates are likely to be.

Rates property search

The rates for 2023 – 2024 are available through the Property Search.

Use our Rates Property Search tool to find out property information such as rates and valuations. You can search by:

  • valuation number
  • street number and street address, and/or
  • legal description.

Rates Property Search

Upper Hutt City Council rates for 2023 – 2024 were set by Upper Hutt City Council at the Extraordinary Council meeting on 28 June 2023. Greater Wellington Regional Council rates for 2023 – 2024 were set by Greater Wellington Regional Council at a meeting on 29 June 2023.

Upper Hutt City Council uses Quotable Value New Zealand (QV) as their valuation service provider. QV performs a revaluation of the city every three years. The last valuation was done in July 2022. 

Looking for property maps and other property information?

If you would like information other than rates, you can find that using the links and layers available on our the Xplorer map available on our maps page.

Additional Property Information - Xplorer


If you are from a solicitor's office and need rates information for your settlement, please complete the solicitor request form on the solicitor request page. 

Solicitor requests for information