Tendering for work


From time to time, Council will put a contract out to tender. All Council contracts are tendered in accordance with Council's Procurement Policy

Tenders for roading work funded as part of the National Land Transport Programme must comply with:

Public tenders are all listed on the Tenderlink site through the Hutt Valley tender portal, or on our website.

Registration for the Hutt Valley portal is free and provides access to tenders prepared by both Upper Hutt City Council and Hutt City Council. Registered Hutt Valley portal users will be sent an email whenever a new tender is listed in any the work categories they have selected, and tender documents can be downloaded from this portal. Upper Hutt City Council will not supply paper copies of tender documents.

Most public tenders are also advertised in the Dominion Post and in the Upper Hutt Leader, but prospective tenderers will need to register in order to view the tender documents online if they are listed on Tenderlink.

Upper Hutt City Council does not operate a register of approved/prequalified contractors.

Information for Roading Contractors

To learn more visit here 

Information we do not publish

In consideration of commercial sensitivity and privacy, we do not publish the details of sole traders (i.e. individuals who are not contracting through a company).

Detailed information about spend and contracts may be commercially confidential.

For more information about commercial sensitivity and privacy, visit the Office of the Ombudsmen website or the Office of the Privacy Commissioner website