You can apply for building consent two ways:

Apply online with Simpli

Apply online with Simpli

You can apply for a building consent online using the Simpli portal. The online service will make the process simpler and more convenient.  

The application forms and process for applying for a staged or multi-proof consent, an amendment to consent or a project information memorandum are the same.   

We are here to help. If you have questions on your project you can contact the Building Duty Officer, Monday to Friday 1.00 PM to 4.30 PM either in person at the Council Service Centre or by phone (04) 527 2169. 

Simpli improves the customer experience, providing transparency around our processes, improved issuing times, better communication and standardising our practice with other councils. 

Apply online via Simpli 

Apply in hard copy

Apply in hard copy

Your completed hard copy application can be forwarded to us in the following ways: 

  • bring it to the Council Service Centre.
  • by post (or courier) to Upper Hutt City Council, Private Bag 907, Upper Hutt 5140

Guidance is available to assist you with your application. Please refer to the Guide to completing the application form and Guidance on supporting documentation. 

Applications are checked for completeness and fee payments are required before applications are accepted.