Council regularly seeks your feedback on a variety of issues, proposed policies or plans, projects or consent applications which affect Upper Hutt. This section contains the consultations that we are currently undertaking.
In accordance with the Local Government Act 2002, Upper Hutt City Council is reviewing its Water Supply Bylaw 2008 and is seeking your views.
The purpose of the Bylaw is to:
- Protect the health and safety of people using the water supply network
- Protect the land, structures or infrastructure associated with the public water supply from damage, misuse and interference
- Assist in the provision of reliable, safe and efficient water supply in Upper Hutt
- Regulate the water supply.
A detailed copy of the proposed amended bylaw is included in the Statement of Proposal and the changes are summarised in the Summary of Information. The Summary of information also provides more details on the process for people wishing to submit feedback regarding the proposal.
Some of the proposed amendments are as follows:
- Clarifying that no person shall access the water supply system without approval
- Clarifying the location of the point of supply, backflow prevention devices, meters and restrictors
- Explaining why more than one point of supply is required in some cases of single ownership
- The ability of Council to execute works to repair a leak and bill the customer for this (where notice has been given and repairs have not been completed)
- Removing a clause allowing Council to use the minor offences process (due to changes introduced by the Criminal Procedures Act 2011).
Have your say
Submissions on the proposed Water Supply Bylaw are welcome from any person or organisation who wishes to give feedback and we encourage you to tell us your views.
Printed copies of the Summary of Information, Statement of Proposal and Submission Form are available at the Upper Hutt City Council Civic Centre and the Libraries.
The Submission Form can be completed online. Alternatively, a printable copy can found below, or printed copies are available at the Upper Hutt City Council Civic Centre and the Libraries. These can be be sent to Council via email, post, or by hand via the submission box at reception and Libraries.
All submissions will be considered and deliberated on. You will also have the opportunity to discuss your views with Councillors at a hearing (date to be set).
When you complete the submission form or write to us, please indicate if you wish to speak at the hearing and we will send you more details closer to the time.
Also, please indicate if you would like your name and address withheld from public submission documents.
Submissions open on 15 January 2020 and close at 5.00pm on 16 February 2020.
Post: Private Bag 907, Upper Hutt, 5140
Hand delivery: Upper Hutt City Council, 838 Fergusson Drive, Upper Hutt
Statement of Proposal(PDF, 184KB) – includes the proposed amended Water Supply Bylaw 2008
Summary of Information(PDF, 140KB) - includes details on the process for people wishing to submit feedback regarding the proposal.
Submission Form (online)
Submission Form(PDF, 135KB) (printable version)