Upper Hutt City Council is committed to supporting local event organisers that deliver events which positively impact residents of Upper Hutt City and help achieve Council’s long term vision.
The contestable event fund is open to all events run in Upper Hutt, with preference given to new and/or significant events.
- Funding cannot be granted retrospectively.
- Council will not grant money for wages, salaries or event management fees.
- Maximum funding you can apply for is $5,000
The funding round has now closed and decisions communicated to the applicants by 17 July 2020.
Understandably, these are uncertain times as COVID-19 has had a huge impact on events this year. Should a future event be affected by COVID-19 restrictions, Council will work with the organiser to postpone the event or find an alternative solution.
Use the button below to complete an online application for event funding.
Helpful tip, please have ready for your application:
- Your organisation and contact details
- Event details including location, date and time
- Amount of funding being requested and what it will be used for
- Any collaboration with other community groups
- Applicable supporting documentation for your event, such as: traffic management plan, health and safety plan, bank deposit slip, waste minimisation plan, first aid plan, public liability insurance and current financial statement
- Information ready to demonstrate how your event contributes towards the Upper Hutt City Council's strategic priorities in the Long Term Plan: Environment, Community, City Centre, Economy and Infrastructure
*1000 characters max
If you have a general enquiry or require a response, please Contact us.