Update: 30/07/2020 Council have voted in support of an increase of $100,000 to this years Community Grants round
from Council's COVID 19 Recovery Funds.
The total available funds for UHCC 2020 Community Grants round is now $229,000.
The 2020 Community Grants Funding Scheme is open from 15 June until 31 July 2020.
Community Grant applications are open to any not-for-profit group servicing Upper Hutt residents.
Upper Hutt Local and Regional not-for-profit groups can apply under either of the following categories:
For groups based in the Upper Hutt area and primarily servicing Upper Hutt residents
For groups situated outside of Upper Hutt but provide a service to Upper Hutt residents
Council's three priority areas for funding are:
- Can demonstrate a strong need for the service, programme or event and wide community benefit and/or
- Has substantial volunteer involvement and self help and/or
- Projects which promote a sense of community and contribute to community well-being.
Applicants can apply for Community Grants funds to support:
- Indirect project costs or running costs for organisations involved in support work.
- Projects which enhance existing community support programmes where additional resources are required.
- Community driven initiatives for events and programmes which promote a sense of community or contribute to community wellbeing.
Applicants who qualify for other funding or a project which is eligible to receive direct funding from central Government will not normally be considered.
The Community Grants Application Form(PDF, 178KB) can be downloaded here and applications can either be submitted via email or post.
Last years recipients can view or download a copy of last years Community Grants Accountability Form(PDF, 78KB) here, this must be submitted to be eligible to re-apply.
The Upper Hutt City Council Community Grants Allocation meeting date for 2020 will be Thursday 20 August from 10am.
Any queries or for further information please contact Michelle Bartlett: Email - michelle.Bartlett@uhcc.govt.nz or Funding@uhcc.govt.nz, Phone - (04) 527 2793 or 027 443 4663.
Postal Address: Upper Hutt City Council, ATTN: Community Development Advisor, Funding; Private Bag 907, Upper Hutt 5140
*1000 characters max
If you have a general enquiry or require a response, please Contact us.