The 2021 Community Grants Funding Scheme is open from 21 June until 31 July 2021, with $129,000 available to local and regional groups providing services in Upper Hutt.
Community Grant applications are open to any not-for-profit group servicing Upper Hutt residents.
Upper Hutt Local and Regional not-for-profit groups can apply under either of the following categories:
For groups based in the Upper Hutt area and primarily servicing Upper Hutt residents
For groups situated outside of Upper Hutt but provide a service to Upper Hutt residents
Council's three priority areas for funding are:
- Can demonstrate a strong need for the service, programme or event and wide community benefit and/or
- Has substantial volunteer involvement and self help and/or
- Projects which promote a sense of community and contribute to community well-being.
Applicants can apply for Community Grants funds to support:
- Indirect project costs or running costs for organisations involved in support work.
- Projects which enhance existing community support programmes where additional resources are required.
- Community driven initiatives for events and programmes which promote a sense of community or contribute to community wellbeing.
Applicants who qualify for other funding or a project which is eligible to receive direct funding from central Government will not normally be considered.
A new 2021 application form is under development and will be available from May 2021.
Last years recipients can view or download a copy of last years Community Grants Accountability Form here,(PDF, 66KB) this must be submitted to be eligible to re-apply.
The Upper Hutt City Council Community Grants Allocation meeting date for 2021 will be Thursday 9 September 2021
Any queries or for further information please contact Michelle Bartlett: Email - michelle.Bartlett@uhcc.govt.nz or Funding@uhcc.govt.nz, Phone (04) 527 2793 or 027 443 4663.
Postal Address: Upper Hutt City Council, ATTN: Community Development Advisor, Funding; Private Bag 907, Upper Hutt 5140
*1000 characters max
Your feedback is anonymous. If you have a general enquiry or require a response, please Contact us directly instead.